It's the way I know I ought to live all the time...but tough times come along and sometimes the good things are hard to remember. Well, let's just say life is good. I've spent the day realizing just how many amazing people I have around me on a daily basis that support me through everything, every choice I make, whether smart or dumb, no questions asked. And I'd like to believe that I am that for others as well, all judgement reserved...a true friend.
The other day I had a dentist appointment. That's how far my circle of support extends. Every person in that office made sure to ask if I've landed any roles and to let them know via phone or email so they can all watch. How great is that?! Have I mentioned that I absolutely love my dentist, which I know from experience is not a very easy statement to make. So if anyone needs a good one, just ask me...promise you won't regret it.
Moving on...I've started working out again. Regularly. Okay, so today was my first day...but it is one of many to follow so I'm putting it out there that this is going to be a regular pattern once again. I have never felt better. That's probably an exaggeration b/c I remember some pretty great times...sexual encounters, naked mexico trips, girl's nights, road trips...needless to say, I'm feeling life has taken a turn for the better. With many great things around the corner to look forward to.
Like my quarter century mark. Yep, coming up in less than a week. And ecstatic about it. Already planned how I'm ringing it in. Friday is a celebration with friends eating great Thai food at one of my favorite restaurants and then dancing. Saturday, Jana and I are spending the day being rednecks...that's right, another year at Phoenix International Raceway. There are always many stories to share, and I look forward to them all. Finally, on that all important day, I'm movie hopping all day. There are about 5 movies out I want to see and no better way to ring in my 25th than doing exactly what I love and strive for...spending the day at the movies.
Some good times I've had lately...karaoke, horseback riding, reconnecting with long lost friends, catching up on movies, meditation on top of north mountain, sushi with friends, and the all important discussion of The List. I was told I had to narrow it down to five and as someone who wants to make it in the film industry, and knowing all the men I admire and want to strip naked, it was a hard decision. All of my friends chose Mark Wahlberg as our #1...and really, if anyone objects, I have no words for you. But after that it became a little more difficult. The narrowing process. Suz wondered if couples actually do have a LIST and take it seriously...all I know is it will be a clause in my marriage certificate, entitled "The List," and it will definitely hold true ;)
I want to end this by telling everyone in my life how much I love you and that your support carries me through. I would not be today where I am without each and every one of you. Every person that I have crossed paths with has left me forever changed, all in a good way. Whether its lessons learned, laughs shared, tears cried, dances danced or songs sung...I treasure it all. And if I don't tell you individually often enough, know that I think it and carry it with me daily. I'm one lucky individual...and there is not a day that goes by that I forget that. Not one.
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment