Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Some Excitement...

First of all, I'd like to point out that I'm a freakin genius in the kitchen. Today I made some fantastic fries out of sweet potatoes and also baked some spaghetti squash with some basil, garlic, olive oil, and some other spices. It turned out amazing. Haha, that's just been a cherry on top of how today is going...

So I had to laugh this morning when I got a response to an email I sent yesterday. Basically, I saw on Craigslist some entries looking for some promotional models for the Superbowl. I thought, "why not?!" So, sent a reply to see if I could partake in the experience and make some extra cash. Now about the reply...before I write exactly what I got back, I gotta say that I appreciate the man's honesty. I mean, he very well could have told me to just come down for an audition and I guess I could have been surprised then about what was expected. Instead, he wrote me this email:

"This audition will require a casting couch audition. The events will all be A-list events, and could launch a career through the connections made. We are considering you for a big part of our campaign, and I want to make sure all of these things are ok with you. Email me soon, as decisions will be made soon."

To which I responded:

"That all depends on what you mean by "casting couch auditions." Am I willing to strut around in a bikini...yes. Am I willing to perform any job out of the typical description of what it means to model and act...no. Let me know if you are still interested and exactly what you meant by the comment. I look forward to the possibility."

So, I'm gonna take a big leap here and say I lost my opportunity. Wow! I know this shit happens and that there are plenty of people willing to sleep their way to the top...but WOW!

Oh, some other exciting news...I taped a commercial for Van Chevrolet last week that should air in the next couple of days. Depending on the response, I may become their spokesperson. If not, it was a great experience and something for the resume.

Acting wise, this year is turning out pretty phenomenal so far...and it's only January! Woohoo.

Ok, I believe that is all my news so far...I thought I'd share so everyone could get a small chuckle out of my experience.

Hmm...I also have a small crush...on a coworker...but that's a whole different story. Perhaps better saved for another entry.

No comments: