Sunday, July 6, 2008

Who knew...

I've never been called a b*tch before as a form of endearment. That all changed with Alison, Joey's mom. I must admit I'm kinda good with Wii bowling. No one wants to play me. Well, Alison decided to take on the challenge and proceeded to call me a bitch with each strike. Then made me smile when she gave me a hug and kiss and said, "you know I'm kidding, right?" I've been accepted :) She and I have always gotten along, since the first time I met her Christmas Eve of 2006. I remember the approval I'd gotten within seconds. She stood up, walked over to Joey's ear, the one not next to me, and said I was a keeper. I'm happy that time hasn't changed her opinion. I think the reason I fell instantly in love with her is she reminds me so much of my own mom. And I guess we'll see soon enough how they get along with the families meeting in a week. Surprisingly, I'm not nervous at all. I'm more excited than anything else. I just hope my mom feels comfortable so she can show her true personality instead of being quiet, given it's gonna be a group of about twenty.

I'm also relieved because Ryan and I had a heart to heart last night. I had vibes last year that he didn't like me and apparently I wasn't wrong. So I was a bit terrified to see him again. Everything worked itself out. We talked a lot and I feel really good about the situation now.

Three months today and counting. :) Though it's truly flown by because it doesn't feel that long. Feels like a day's gone by since we became friends again and realized that just a friendship between us doesn't work. And man am I happy about that!

Today is also Angela's birthday. She's having a murder mystery party. I'm excited since this is the first that I'll ever have attended. I'm really gonna miss her when she and Granger move to CO. I feel like we're finally back on track with hanging out more often only to realize that will soon end. Oh well, must stay positive and enjoy the time we have left...that is, until the four of us are in LA together! She and Granger got us hooked on the best boardgame EVER...it's called Catan. Yay, she and I have finally gotten the double dates we'd always talked about in college. It's rare that we both have fantastic men in our lives at the same time...I'm happy it finally happened...and they're both here to stay!

What else...Sadie has her next vet appt tomorrow mornin. More x-rays to find out how much the stones have disintegrated. I'm just ready for her to be herself again. She's getting there, thankfully. It's just taking longer than I'd like. We took some cute pics with her on the 4th...will have to post on here once Joey sends them to me.

I smoked my first cigar on the 4th. Ok, had a few puffs because it's not my thing. Everytime I decided to take another puff, I had to practice the motion of taking it in without inhaling. Joey was laughing but it just doesn't come naturally to me :) Hmm, gonna try one at some point that's not as tobacco-y...yes, that's a word. Or at least it is in my dictionary.

Ok, gonna go finish watching Wimbledon and reading a book before I must get ready to play in costume. More updates as they come along...

No comments: