Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Body is protesting...

BUT I have made it to three days!! to some that may not seem like too much of an accomplishment...to me, I may as well have won the lottery (which by the way, crossing my fingers for tonight!) Yep, my body woke me up last night to tell me it was unhappy with how I've been treating it...making it actually run, lift weights, hike mountains. It would much rather continue on the path of sitting around, watching tv, reading and eating. When does this get easier?! It's been so long since I've had a regular workout routine that I don't even remember. Nevertheless, I will force it to continue...I can already see an improvement in my energy (I know what most that know me are thinking..."really, you need more energy?!") A note on energy levels...I, along with three good friends, were accused of being chipper when we went horseback riding and were asked if we were sorority girls. Now if you know me and my friends, you'd realize how ironic and ridiculous that question was...gave me something to chuckle about.

So, send me some notes of encouragement...or perhaps call me to come hiking. I miss having a regular workout partner. Whether it was to go running nightly around the mall at UofA, going to the rec, or forcing me to meet at a particular time at the gym...I must say motivation is a bit easier when someone else is forcing you to be present. But I guess being healthy and ready to hit the beach is motivation enough...not to mention the movie roles that will start coming my way ;) For now, I must go shower.

No comments: