
Most years I don't get a celebration the entire weekend...but I guess this birthday was a special one. It marks my entry into my quarter century year on this earth. And it's always on Earth Day, which in and of itself is perfect.
I could not have asked for a better three days. Friday, spent the night eating great food with great people...and then dancing with half-naked women wearing moon shoes. Dinner conversation ranged from Harry Potter being hung like a horse, me being a modest dresser (yes, that's sarcasm...but I figure while I've got it, I'm gonna flaunt it...at least until my next quarter century comes to a close) and learning a new slow fist for people that need not talk during sex. Dancing was pretty uneventful until we went to Devil's and finally recognized songs to dance to. Yes, Mark should have stopped about five drinks before he did, but overall it was a fabulous night. Had a drink with dry ice in the glass...freaked me out at first but I think if there were to be any reprecussions, they would have reared their ugly heads by now...so I think I'm in the clear. Thanks to all who came to celebrate...and thanks for the gifts, all will come in handy ;)
Saturday, I spent my day as a redneck with my sister. It was a bit colder than necessary (yes, I got funny looks b/c I was in a turtleneck part of the day...but to those who know me, my hands were still freezing, even then!) but it was a beautiful day. Hot men all around (yes, they had all their teeth). Just wish it wasn't the ones with the guts that felt it necessary to undress...hah, but it makes the whole experience a little more authentic. Kahne didn't do so well, so that sucked...nevertheless, the race was exciting til the end. Sitting in the parking lot for two and a half hours trying to get out afterwards wasn't so fun, but it was a small price to pay. And really, no better place to people watch than a Nascar race...the variety is absolutely amazing!
Finally, the day I turned the big 25 was one of the most relaxing I've had in a while. Started out with breakfast at a vegetarian organic restaurant...to anyone interested in trying a new place that has fabulous food and tea, go to Mandala Tea Room in south Scottsdale. Then it was off to see Fracture. Seriously, one of the best movies I've seen. The script was great, the chemistry between Hopkins and Gosling was perfect, it was hilarious and had some good twists. I LOVED IT. The theme was based around the idea that everything has a weakness and if found, it's bound to crack. Made me really think about what that is for me. That will definitely be another post as it is a stand-alone thought. Very interesting concept. Will definitely see the movie again before it leaves the theaters. And then I finished my day in the best way I know how...a bookstore. Yeah, I'm a dork. I have an unnatural obsession with buying books (I bought two today). I love to read, but I BUY books at a speed that is impossible to keep up with. Maybe it's my dream of having Belle's library or the fact that I know someday I will get to them all...I am a fan and lover of the written word. Be it scripts, plays, books, magazines...I love them all. I guess it's better than having a shoe obsession...that would definitely make a bigger dent in my checkbook.
It's been a good start to what I know will be a good year. I've heard from friends I haven't seen in years. And that makes me grateful...that they took time and called to wish me a great day. Although I'm horrible at keeping in touch, I know that the moment I speak to any one of my friends, it's as if no time has passed...and that, I believe, is a sign of true friendship. I love you all. Thank you for making my day fantabulous.
Gotta go get a piece of birthday cake now. No better way to end the day!
PS-Angela, what do you think of the above Taurus as a possible tattoo?? I'm just kidding, can't wait to see what you come up with! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment