Friday, April 20, 2007

why am I awake?! ugh

I should be sleeping in preparation for a fabulous night out tomorrow...or rather today. But instead, my mind won't shut up and all the thoughts racing through it are making me sad, happy, excited, angry and everything in between. I've been thinking a lot about LA today. Be it because I just finished reading a fabulously informative book called, "The camera-smart actor," the fact that I want to see and hear the ocean, that I feel restless and need to get away or because I ran into the cool crew guy from Kids in America while at a gas station yesterday. I don't know. I'm tired and yet can't fall asleep. The moment I try to close my eyes, my brain turns on full speed and won't quiet down. I need to start meditating more again. I know that helps with the constant traffic in my head.

I've also been thinking a lot about what Mrs. Mohur told me in the three times I've visited her. About the imminent success of my career, the hurdles I'll go through in relationships before I find the right man, and the answers about the relationships I already have. I heard from my dad today. Sent me an email to wish me a happy birthday. That's fabulous, but does he realize the wishes are two days early? I mean, if he does, then I appreciate the gesture but if he's forgotten when it is exactly, I don't know...leaves me feeling a bit sad. It was exactly a year ago that he and I stopped talking again. I don't know, just another random thought in my head.

One thing I'm looking forward to is creating a new memory at Malee's. The one and only time I've been there was on a date with Eric. Let's just say I'd like to have a different reason to remember the place. It's one of my absolute favorite Thai places so it's definitely one that needs to be revisited more often. It's weird, in a previous post I talked about how I look forward to the day that Joey is just someone from my past that seldom enters into my thoughts. And then I thought about past relationships that I never believed would ever become just a distant memory and I realize that they all have. I have to actually sit down and think about them consciously or something has to trigger a memory. So I know it's possible. Thank goodness.

On a more upbeat note...went to trivia today. Yep, they started it again at Gallagher's. Only got 10 right. Guess we gotta get back into the groove of things. And I hope the scary man who keeps approaching me, and apparently works there, gets a clue and leaves me alone.

Funny thought just popped into my head...Mark is probably going to hit on Anthony tonight...guess I should have warned Anthony sooner but I'm sure he'll take it in stride. Another funny thought...Anthony's gonna look better than me on my birthday. Bastard. LOL. As Angela's told him, thank god he's screwed up emotionally or his perfection would just not be fair. I concur.

Heard from Josh today. Definitely going to see Dave together in September. Tickets go on sale this Saturday. Wahoo, second Dave concert. Though I'm looking forward to when we make it a weekend at Red Rocks!

Alright...gonna try this crazy thing called sleep again. Hope it works this time around.

No comments: