People come and go from our lives. I'm a fairly extroverted individual so I meet new people literally on a daily basis. I have no troubles telling a stranger hello. In fact, I thrive on the connection and the fascination of getting to know someone new. But I CONNECT with very few people. I mean, the kind of connection where you know this person will be around for awhile...and if you're lucky, forever. Even more rare are the connections where you feel you've known an individual all your life after having had just one conversation, because you realize that this person carries with them a part of your soul, if you will. Yeah, sounds corny and all...but I've experienced it, so I believe it actually happens.
I don't want to even imagine what life was like without Sedona in it. We met under horrible circumstances, which apparently had a reason for existing. Tonight, she and I concluded the celebrations for my birthday. That's right, the festivities have finally come to an end. And what an ending it was. Dinner at Mandala Tea Room (yes, I can't get enough of the place), sharing stories of past mistakes, future hopes, the men that were, the men that will be, raising a man, achievements to come, and all included laughter. If there is one person that can take me from being happy and smiling to hysterically laughing in record time, Sedona would be the one. And then she treated me to a palm reading. Not too many surprises there, though lots of details that freaked me out and excited me all at the same time. I won't go into too much detail b/c it's personal to me, but how much detail was given and how it compared to a reading I had in my past blew me away. Just one example was that I was still mourning someone I had lost a while back who had given me a ring. How incredible since I've been thinking about my grandma a lot lately and her last gift to me was a ring while we visited in '94. Yep, got into details of my career and the dreams that will be a reality (supposedly going to land a commercial soon.) Enough with the details, found out about future love, obstacles, trips, and an imminent move. My future is looking fabulous indeed.
Sedona, I'm not even sure you read my blog. But thank you for the fantastic night. I don't know what life was like without you and frankly I don't want to remember it.
Here's the note I'm ending on tonight...from Michael Shurtleff's "Audition"...
"I've always thought it's better to give up sanity. Settle down and admit you're crazy or you wouldn't want to act. When you find out what acting is like and what the odds are, and you still persist, the proof of your own insanity is inescapable. Accept it. Most actors make themselves unhappy by searching for sanity, by insisting on their normalcy; it's a grave mistake. The life of an actor is a bit easier to take if you admit you're bonkers."
Yep, with people like Sedona around to support me in my pursuit of insanity, I find strength in knowing it will work out...and according to more than one source, sooner rather than later. And every fiber of my being believes it to be so. Hollywood should prepare!
Friday, May 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment