
The above picture is of the Amalfi Coast in Italy...where we'll be staying for five days of the trip!! ;)
I just realized yesterday how close the trip is. Ok, so I've still got another year to look forward to before visiting my number one country...but knowing that it's already May and I feel like 2007 just began, I know just how quickly the time is going to fly by. So I'm finally applying for my passport and looking forward to getting it stamped! When I went hiking this morning, I decided to listen to the Italian music I grew up with, Al Bano and Romina Power. As hard as it was to hike because I went later in the morning than intended, nothing could wipe the smile from my face listening to the music that brings me back to my childhood...and makes me realize just how beautiful Italian really is. I'm going to try and learn to say at least some basics...and then hope that smiling and flirting will work when the language barrier presents itself.
Had a fabulous weekend. Took my mom to high tea on Saturday afternoon to celebrate her birthday. Our girls dates don't happen as often as they used to so it was wonderful. Not only have I found a new favorite tea (it's called "Paris"), but we were laughing so much from childhood stories that my stomach was sore today. I've decided it has been way too long since I've visited Czech and my sister and I are going to try and plan a trip in the near future...now that I'm going to have regular income coming in again, I'm hoping for spring of next year. Though with my move back to CA, money may be a bit too tight and then there's always italy to plan for...just need to win the lottery and get to know what the problems are of having more than enough money ;)
Also had our fourth Vitality class. Made me realize how much progress I've made in my self-growth and creating an extraordinary life. Have eliminated some toxic people from my life, I'm working out regularly, journaling often, and really focusing on my career. I've also made the decision and commitment to becoming a vegan once again. Although I will miss sushi, I know it's ultimately what I want and why put it off any longer?! Today I put in my subscription to Backstage West and feel great that I'll hopefully be able to get some auditions in LA on my own. Since my weeks will be fairly open, I know it will be possible to drive back and forth when necessary.
Have I mentioned life is fabulous? I'm happier than I've been in a while and excited about everything going on in my life currently. Suns won today...wahoo! Kahne had a decent finish and moved up 2 spots. And I think I may just accept that blind date this week. Things are definitely looking up.
No comments:
Post a Comment