so, my whole life I've kinda been a medical mystery. I can't think of all the specifics, but usually when I go to the doctor with some sort of ailment, they tell me they cannot find anything wrong in tests. the last time I can think of that this happened was high school. my lymph nodes were sticking out everywhere and hurt like hell...yet nothing abnormal showed up. so I just had to live with them for a few weeks til they got back to normal.
anyway, long story short...my mom finally explained to me why she thinks I'm a medical mystery...and it all comes down to Chernobyl. I had no idea that it was actually really close to Czech, not to mention that with winds Czech got a lot of the radiation. as a child, my school used to put our beds outside and we would sleep out there, making exposure even more prevalent. my mom didn't want to tell me this as a kid b/c I wouldn't have understood nor did she want to freak me out. who knew?! I hope it doesn't mean too many other crazy ailments in my life...but seriously, at least it all makes sense now. I've never understood why I always seem to come down with something that no doctor can explain!
it is a bit freaky to me. not to mention that I already know that cancer is prevalent in my family so I have to really watch out and get medical check ups regularly b/c really in my mind it's not a matter of if but when. and that may sound pessimistic...not so much. if I know it's coming, I'm at least one of the smarter people who hopes to catch it early and have a good prognosis. I do what I can to make sure my body is free of disease...eat well, exercise (ok, that's not going as well as it should be but I think about working out a lot...maybe that helps, too!) and overall just have a great outlook on life attempting to keep stress to a minimum.
anyway, just thought the above was interesting...at least it was to me. and it explains SO much!
Friday, July 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment