Saturday, October 13, 2007

I'M ALIVE!!!

So yesterday will forever be marked in my memory as one of the scariest yet luckiest experiences of my life. Was coming back from an audition (amazing audition, I might add) in CA. Had travelled about 60 miles east of Blythe when I swerved to avoid a huge tire in the middle of my lane and in doing so had caused my car to lose control and get into a roll-over accident. I remember the whole thing...tires screeching, car flipping, dirt flying everywhere...and no joke, it was completely slow motion. Two things I don't remember is hitting my head (got a huge bump) and where my arms/hands were once I lost control. One thing I know for sure is I had someone watching over me because I cannot believed I walked away...will share a picture once I have some available. In fact, when it got called in by witnesses, someone called it in as a fatality because they couldn't believe someone would have survived what they'd witnessed. To say that I am grateful to be alive today is an understatement. I tried calling/texting anyone and everyone to make sure they never doubt how much I love them and how important they are to me.

The strange thing is my mortality didn't even come to mind yesterday. I was pissed about my car. I was calmer than anyone else I was dealing with (family, witnesses, etc...) and rather than being excited to have survived, I was cussing ridiculously about having just totalled my car. These great Australian people pulled over as they had witnessed the whole thing because they were the car behind me. Think I scared them a bit when I crawled out of the car (it had landed upside down) because I started cursing about everything that was technically replaceable instead of being shaken having just walked away mostly unscathed. I hadn't even thought to turn off the ignition so one of the men crawled into the rubble and did it for me.

Ironically enough, I was out having lunch with my sister and her boyfriend when he decided to go shopping because he needed a couple work shirts. I'm walking into Macy's to find a purse (most of my stuff is totalled as well) when out comes Marita (the Australian woman who'd witnessed my accident). How strange to run into them 100 miles away, under completely different circumstances only the day after. I was a hell of a lot cleaner (so much so that two of the men didn't recognize me right away). We started talking about the accident and they told me everything they saw and how they couldn't believe the amount of dirt that was on me and in my car (no joke, probably a foot of loose dirt in my car once it made it's final flip). They also told me that they had run over the tire I tried so hard to avoid and it hit their car really hard. They were driving an SUV so really I don't know that I wouldn't have ended up in the same boat if not worse had I just hit it because my car sat so low (I feel better knowing I wasn't imagining just how big that tire was!)

I've made some friends for life...we've exchanged information and we're grabbing drinks tomorrow. Not to mention they'd suggested lottery tickets yesterday with how lucky I was and if I win tonight I promised to share my winnings. They've invited me to Australia...definitely a place I've always wanted to visit.

So, now I await the possible phone call telling me I got the job...and then the realization that I would have to make my way back to CA on Tuesday. Think this time around I'm flying!

I have more to say and my thoughts are all jumbled...just wanted everyone who I haven't talked to to know I am ok (besides some serious neck and upper body pains) but very grateful to have those as they do mean I am still here. I'm not done with what I've gotta do in this life...and I'm glad whoever was watching over me yesterday realized that!

Love you all...never forget or doubt that!

No comments: