So it's been a while since I've written an update for the few that read this. A lot has happened. Jana finally got her citizenship papers...though they were a month late for Italy, I'm just happy she's not considered illegal anymore :) Joey and I had our families meet and it went better than I could have even imagined...his mom thought we were already making a big announcement which was funny since we've only been dating four months now. Though I am very much looking forward to us moving to LA together...this whole driving 40 miles one way is hard. Sadie's getting better everyday. Her stones have decreased tremendously and as long as there are no complications with her passing them, she should be completely back to normal in six weeks time.
Anyway, what this post is mostly about is my recent class I started again with Jana for Friends & Family. This six months is about Choices and it could not have come at a more appropriate time. Its all about the choices we make, the how and the why and getting in the mindset of making good choices. There are so many things that stuck with me from the weekend. One is making choices out of faith and not fear. Favorite quote from the weekend..."if the grass is greener on the other side, get off your lazy ass and water your own lawn." The choice I've been putting off for three solid years now is my move back to LA. As much as I talk about it and get excited over it, the actual move scares the shit out of me. I suppose this has to do with the fact that it's me facing my fear of failing dead on. If I always have it out there, as a possibility, then I never have to face moving there and realizing that my career may not ever get to where I want it to go. i know its dumb, but its amazing how the mind can rationalize dumb thoughts. I know no matter what happens, I'm meant to find a career choice in entertainment because I'm fascinated by the industry. I also know there is no other option than LA for me. I just want this move to be permanent this time around and finances are not in my favor. I finally made a budget. Ok, so it's not completely finished but it does give me a starting point. All the choices I am now making have everything to do with being back in CA by year's end. I've missed it since I've left and I have a million people telling me they'll help. I just have to reach out and accept that. Contact the people they know. Perhaps crash on someone's couch for a while. Most importantly, just get out there and do my thing. I've never felt more at home than in CA. The beach, the atmosphere, the restaurants, the people, the dream. I can't wait to see my friends again. And I look forward to all the new adventures awaiting me.
Joey and i are going to drive out in the next month and decide on places we'd like to find an apartment. All I know is, Canoga Park is definitely OFF the list.
I have more to share from the weekend, but it's mostly written in my journal and I don't want to wake Joey by going to get it. Choices. Yep, I have a lot to make to make sure I'm living the life that I want. I've taken steps towards my career in AZ. For that I am very proud. Next step, moving back to CA. The possibilities are endless.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment