I probably wouldn't be writing right now if I didn't have a stake in writing daily. Joey and I are trying to find a way to encourage one another to write as often as possible. Given that this is something I actually have control over, I don't plan on losing. Especially since the stakes are so high. Slave for a day. Yep, gonna do my best to make sure I write every day.
So, what's been interesting...I went rock climbing at an indoor rock gym for the first time. I wasn't hooked right from the get go, but it did get more exciting with my second climb. Then I had challenges in front of me that I wanted to conquer and who doesn't enjoy a good challenge. So right now I am stuck on a 5.6. Its not great, but I really need to work on my grip strength in order to move forward. And the harness is NOT the most comfortable, nor the most flattering piece of equipment to have to wear. But in the end, it was more fun than I had expected and I am completely hooked. I have yet to try bouldering...perhaps next time.
Also, I went to see the Mummy movie tonight. Meh. I have to say I was disappointed. I love the first two. They were great fun and who doesn't love a good mummy movie. I missed Rachel Weisz. She brought something Maria Bello just doesn't have. The voice was all wrong. The innocence/naivety just wasn't there. The character was so adorable before...not to mention the chemistry between the original couple was more believable. Oh well, I'm glad I saw it. Though I have to say I hope this is the last...there is no need to continue. The plot, though it ran 2 hrs, seemed fast and incomplete. I recommend this be a rental, don't waste the arm it costs these days to go to the theater.
Lastly, I'm reading a great acting book interviewing casting directors. It's getting me really excited about the move. I've committed myself to reading/doing something for my career daily. Since the move is getting closer every day, I want to know that I'm as prepared as can be when I start the rounds in LA.
I'd say that's my paragraph for the night. Must shower from the rain storm and Joey's juicing so I must go drink the delicious green stuff. I can only hope that interesting stuff will come up daily so that my paragraphs are digestible...though honestly, I'm prepared to write complete crap to avoid a loss...and gain a slave :) Goodnight.
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment