Monday, May 21, 2007

back to Macro...



yep, getting back to the macrobiotic diet. I haven't kept up my commitment to veganism and my system is making me pay. but I have found that my excuses go away when I reread the philosophy and reasons behind a macro diet. the idea of chewing your food bringing you closer to yourself and nature. And really, it's a diet based in veganism b/c animal food does not get easily balanced...and that's what the whole diet is about, balancing out the yin/yangs in food. I know it sounds weird, but I have this great book, "The hip chicks guide to macrobiotics," and it all really makes sense. What I love about the author is that she encourages continued research into the yin/yang concepts and reading others words on macrobiotics rather than just promoting her own views.

btw, starting jump roping as I get back into shape and let me tell ya, it's not like getting back on a bike after a twenty year absence. I suck! But it's getting better. I just never thought it would be so hard to get back to being good at it. And I'm not even talking about tricks. I'm just talking about holding a rope in my hands, bringing it over my head, and hopefully jumping over it. Yeah, sounds easy. But try it again if you've had a long absence like myself. The last time I regularly jumped rope was in elementary school. we'll see how it continues on. but at least I'm having fun and giving my neighbors something to laugh about.

gotta go get ready for class. still have yet to prepare a commercial I was given last week...but to my credit, I finished another two books...so I haven't exactly been slacking. If anyone has a book recommendation, let me know. I still have a lot to get through but I'm always open to find new fiction.

No comments: