Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Ocho!! (Table 8)

Last night held one of the best weddings I have ever had the privilege of attending. Congrats to Don and Susan Brahs! ;) I love you guys. And you most definitely know how to throw a wedding.

I have to give a shout out to my table...table 8...or as we came to call ourselves "The Ocho." Yes, we did steal that from Dodgeball. But it was very appropriate. We were the table that most conservative people would hope was not invited. The entertainers. The dancers. And most importantly, the drinkers. I was pretty tipsy by the end of the night and laughing like an idiot. Jana fell once. And I believe when they develop all the disposable cameras, they will find that our table stole most of them and took way too many pictures of ourselves. I'm sure some of those will be regrets. Funny to know that Suz's dad commented on the fact that he liked the "end of the night dancing b/c [her] friends really know how to dance." Good times.

The speeches were heartwarming. There were only four...the brother of the groom, the sister of the bride, Jana, since she introduced the lucky couple and Suz's dad welcoming Don into the family. The events of the evening and the obvious love in the air made me realize the reason I am still single is because I am holding out until I find a love like theirs. There are no two people I know that compliment one another as well as Suz and Don. I was lucky to be a part of the happy day. And thankfully I also know that Suz had to kiss a lot of frogs before she found her prince. Yep, there's hope ;) (cuz the cheeks deeg it...lol, that one's for you Suz!)

I'm not one who usually cries at weddings. And yet the moment I saw Don walking down the aisle, the tears welled up. By the time the gorgeous bride came down, I was most definitely regretting not having any tissues with me. It was a simple ceremony. Intimate. Perfect. Beautiful. Exactly what I want someday...except mine will take place barefoot on the beach.

Again, congrats you two. Wishing you a lifetime of laughter, happiness, and love. Have a fantastic time in Hawaii!

No comments: