Today is always a bittersweet day...at least it has been for the last eight years. Today marks the 8th anniversary of my grandma's death. I always light a candle next to a picture of her in her memory. I miss her. Tremendously. Sometimes I worry that I'm going to forget what she was like. I will never forget my last conversation with her, or her laughter. But sometimes I have to really think hard to remember exactly what her voice sounded like or other mannerisms. I hadn't seen her since the last time I visited Czech, which was the summer of 1994. I know she's in a better place, without the pain that consumed her final years. But I can't help but wonder what it would be like to still have her around. Today I celebrate her. She was a wonderful woman whose life was cut way too short at the age of 62. I'm thinking of you grandma...and I know you're looking over me as well.
Mne se moc styska babicko. Stale stebo mluvim, aj kdis to neni kasdy den...ja vim ze mne slysis. Mam te moc rada. Velikansko pusu tebe posilam.
Saturday, June 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment