What an interesting day. And by interesting, I'm not necessarily talking good. I went movie hopping today. First saw Evening (do not recommend this to anyone.) Not only was I unimpressed with the acting, I was bored throughout most of the movie with the plot. I went as there were some strong female characters and it's always good to know what's out there in terms of roles I may have had the opportunity to audition for. Big mistake. Needless to say, not one of the better movies I've seen. Next, I went to see Die Hard for the second time it's opening weekend. To any Die Hard fans, I highly recommend it. Definitely my favorite of the four. Not only was it funny (absolutely LOVE Justin Long), there were some great action sequences and Bruce Willis is hotter than ever. Lastly, I ended my movie extraveganza with A Mighty Heart. I was deeply moved by the movie, so much so that I still have tears rolling hours later (this may have to do with the fact that I'm not feeling so hot and it's been an emotional couple of days with my grandma's anniversary and all)...but seriously, go see this movie. I was extremely impressed with Angelina Jolie's portrayal. A well-told memoir of a horrible tragedy. (Yes, I just realized that's a bit redundant because really when is a tragedy not horrible? That's kinda the definition...nevertheless, I will leave the sentence be.)
Now for the strange feeling...I have a feeling of homesickness and yet I'm here. What the hell does that mean? Yes, I'm longing to move back to LA and I also have seriously been considering going to live abroad for awhile...but what is the nonsense of feeling homesick. Perhaps my current temperature (as I do have a bit of a fever) is messing with my head. Have I mentioned I hate being sick?! I'm not a complainer in most instances (even when sick) but when my entire body aches and I have goosebumps no matter what I do, leaves plenty for me not to be happy about (I think my current state is also messing with my writing because I'm sure it was in elementary school that I learned not to end a sentence with a preposition. And this is my second in such a short post. Awe well.)
So I leave this with a few comments. Go see A Mighty Heart and send get well thoughts my way as I hope whatever is ailing me passes by tomorrow. And if you're really feeling compassionate, perhaps bring me some vegetarian soup ;) Much appreciated!
Sunday, July 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment