Tuesday, December 25, 2007

2007

This year got off to a rocky start. I gave someone power over my heart and emotions and it took me a while to get it back. No regrets...only lessons learned. It was a year of many lessons...lessons that tested my own strength and ones which made me grow. I had my first near death experience in a roll-over accident. This year brought many laughs, tears, and everything in between. For the first time since I started working, I don't have a 9-5 job. I witnessed two great friends get married. I said goodbye to a great friend when she moved away to Australia. I've made new friends for life and have had some of my best friends come back into my life. I made my first independent film. I ran my first half-marathon (which nearly killed me!) I renewed my commitment to veganism. I got an agent. And, I found an amazing acting coach.

Let's see...some favorites this year:

Book: "Eat, Pray, Love"
Movie(s): Juno, Once, Gone Baby Gone, Waitress, Live Free or Die Hard, Transformers
Quote: Life is just too sweet to be bitter - Kris Carr "Crazy Sexy Cancer"
Wine: "Flowers" Pinot Noir
Moment: as bizarre as it sounds, every moment. This year, more than any other, I've really been able to achieve living for the moment.
Restaurant(s): Real Food Daily (West Hollywood), Mandala Tea Room (Scottsdale)
Drink(s): Dr Oz's green drink, Smartwater, Vitaminwater XXX
Concert: Dave Matthews
Store(s): Samual French, Borders, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Wild Oats
Website(s): amazon, myspace, craigslist, fandango
Trade paper: Backstage West
Snack: Vanilla Almond Luna Bar
TV: Life, Grey's Anatomy, Closer, Army Wives, Private Practice, Heroes, Iconoclasts

When I think of more, I'll share them on here.

What does the year ahead look like...First of all, the idiot's reign in the White House is finally almost over!!! Italy in the summer, moving to CA in the fall. Those are the big ones. Hopefully paid acting gigs, "Survey" getting a theatrical release, perhaps love...who knows. The only thing I know is I'm going to enjoy every minute.

2007 hasn't been without its bumps and bruises...but honestly, one of the best years to date...I look forward to an even better 2008. To everyone who surrounds me, I love you all. Here's wishing you a wonderful New Year!

No comments: