To update...my mom made it home from the hospital last night. Though she is not doing fantastic, I'm hoping being surrounded by familiar things rather than white walls will help the recovery move along faster. Please continue to send get-well thoughts her way to speed her way to health. If I have not talked to you in a few days and you've tried to contact, I apologize. This has been probably the most difficult week of my life but know that I appreciate your concern and love.
I decided to work last night to have a change of scenery as I too started not feeling so hot. Not sure if it's the combined twelve hours of sleep in five days or not seeing much more than hospital walls and my mom's misery, but it was a nice five hour break. People were generous in their tipping, shared many hugs and great conversation to keep my mind on the happiness that surrounds me...and for that I am very thankful.
Two thousand eight is going to be a great year...however hard it is to believe that another one has once again started. I've got a lot to be thankful for, namely the incredible people that surround, support, and love me. It's in the hard times that you truly realize who real friends are and I'm lucky to know that I have wonderful people in my life. Some I may not stay in contact with as often as I would like...but they are true friends either way and this past week has shown me just that.
I will write more later...just wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment