Ok, she did it...she made me realize my assumptions of not having a good time were wrong and I've never been more moved by a performer live. She's somewhere in the neighborhood of 4' 11" and has the most powerful voice that you will ever hear. She sang many songs we recognized off of her albums as well as Journey's "Don't Stop Believin," Pat Benatar's hit (wow, the name just escaped me) and a few others. I said I would never have paid for tickets to a Martina McBride concert and I have completely changed my mind. I love her now more than ever before and I look forward to seeing her live again. She moved Jana to complete tears during her song "Concrete Angel." And then the most adorable thing happened, during her song "This Ones For the Girls," she brought her daughter Ava on stage and the daughter wasn't even fazed...she could not have been more than 3-4. The one thing I would love to know is what her beauty secret it. She's so freakin beautiful and the most amazing skin I've ever seen. She barely has any wrinkles and yet they are faintly there so you know it's not botox. Whatever it is, I want some!
Ok, I'm gonna go for a quick swim before Joey comes back from his only session today. I will write more later...I just wanted to say that I was completely wrong about the concert and I am so happy that I chose to go just to make sure. Jana and I had both wanted to back out...I'm glad neither one of us voiced it out loud until we were there and there was no going back...because we both would have been dumb.
Not to mention, Jack Ingram and the other opener (who's name has also escaped me) were great fun. I freakin LOVE the song "Love you" by Ingram.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment