Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Concert Press Your Luck

Damn, so I just got through to Mix 96.9 to try my luck at winning concert tickets to Dave on the 23rd. I've always had fairly good luck in getting through to radio stations for contests, so I should stop being so surprised when I hear the phone ringing instead of a busy dial tone. Nevertheless, I was excited.

I had one goal in mind...must get Dave tickets. It didn't matter to me what else I won because I was going to continue the game and hope the Whammies would stay away long enough for me to get the pair of tickets I wanted so badly. Their game is basically the old gameshow "Press Your Luck," except with tickets instead of vacations and large piles of money. Instead, I won Counting Crows/Maroon 5, Melissa Etheridge, Switchfoot, Santana and Journey. Mind you, I said I was going forward no matter what because there's only one pair of tickets I cared about. Well, on my sixth try...the Whammy hit. Dammit. I hadn't even thought of walking away with the tickets I'd won to sell them for enough money for Dave.

I'm determined, I will win by the concert (I know I'll buy tickets if it comes down to it but I'm hoping that won't be necessary). So, wish me luck...and keep the Whammies away. OH, and let me get through as the 25th caller again...that's kinda the most important part.

Hmm, a little sad...but I shall persevere!!!

No comments: